Posted to alt.home.repair
Evan[_3_] Evan[_3_] is offline

Default Wireless intercom system? ? ?

On Aug 27, 7:42*pm, "Ray" wrote:
We live in a 92-year-old coop building with six units. The doorbell/intercom
system, which might be original, is giving endless trouble.

We would like to get a wireless intercom system with one phone (or speaker)
at the entrance which would enable visitors to announce themselves to the
resident they are visiting.

I don't even know where to start. Any guidance will be most appreciated.

ROFL...

So have the OLD system checked out by an electrician or telecomm
company that deals with such installs... They can tell you whether it
is your devices which are failing due to age, or if it is your
wiring...

A wireless system is NOT the way to go... Especially if you have a
door release you are operating...

You need to look in the yellow pages for a commercial electrician
who deals in controls and such systems, a telecomm company,
or a decent professional locksmith who can refer you to a good
local installer in your area for a new intercom system...

~~ Evan