Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Bob La Londe Bob La Londe is offline

Default Servo drive failed

"Martin H. Eastburn" wrote in message
I just replaced my shop computer motherboard because of one chip failed.
The Disk controller for SATA drives got a hot corner. The temp here has
been hot, but I try not to use it when I don't have refrig air blowing on
it.

It started telling me bad disk drive. Force reformat and re-install -
only
to die. Buy a brand new disk - that one failed likewise. Hum - bit
issues.

New mother board, both disks format and function as they should.

It was the only LSI chip there without a heat sink. Now a INTEL
motherboard
is in and sigh - looks like I'm looking for heat sink epoxy.

Anyone know of any easy to find without buying gold-epoxy ?

Arctic Silver Thermal Epoxy. Do Google. Several vendors have it in stock.
I've got a couple half tubes sitting on my desk.