Posted to sci.electronics.repair
ian field[_2_] ian field[_2_] is offline

Default how to remove alkaline battery residue

"William Sommerwerck" wrote in message
We don't have dirty toilets BTW, there are lots of other
cleaners, including "mai cham" (literally hot water), which
is a dilute muriatic acid solution.

I use Sno Bol, a hydrochloric acid solution. I cuts right through the
schmutz, something chlorine+determent products cannot do.

A while back Harpic released an acid based bog cleaner that they claim to be
best on the market for shifting limescal, I've found if the limescale is
stained at all it takes an awfull lot of bog cleaner to shift it - whiten
the limescale with bleach first.