Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
whit3rd whit3rd is offline

Default Soap and goo dispensers

I kinda like liquid handsoap, and keep pump-bottle dispensers for
waterless hand cleaner and soap and lotion all by every sink.

Two peeves, though:

(1) I had a couple of nice polished-stainless bottles, but both
developed a split (the side just burst open one day: bad weld,
and unrelieved internal stresses). I've cleaned up the
spills, but WHY can't I get a sturdy stainless bottle for that
handsoap?
Maybe I should remachine the tops of SS water bottles to take
the pumps...

(2) waterless hand cleaner, both as a parts cleaner and for
personal washing, is a key item, BUT it seems to mainly come in
gel form (don't want to open a can while my hands are black),
or with pumice (don't want THAT in any of my parts after
a treatment). Is pump-able goop still available, and I just don't
shop in the right place?