Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Geoffrey S. Mendelson Geoffrey S. Mendelson is offline

Default how to remove alkaline battery residue

Jeff Liebermann wrote:

Teaching them to read Hewbrew would be too expensive? Instead you
get a nation of dirty toilets. I would think that sacrificing a few
immigrants so that the rest could have clean toilets would be a
suitable exchange. I guess international safety symbols won't work
when mixing to non-toxic products. Maybe a toilet with a nuclear
mushroom cloud coming out of the bowl might work.

Teaching them Hebrew is a national industry for the last 15 years the cost
of abosrbing new immigrants has exceeded the defense budget. Schools of
Hebrew are called "ulpan". There are ulpan for free, subsidized uplan, private
ulpan, people giving uplan lessons in their home, an Ulpan High School, and
the "Wall Street Institute" an ulpan which teaches English to Hebrew speakers,
plus Berlitz and other international schools of language.

The problem is how do make the point to someone before they learn Hebrew.

We don't have dirty toilets BTW, there are lots of other cleaners, including
"mai cham" (literally hot water), which is a dilute muratic acid solution.
The most common is "economica", which is a brand name that has become a
generic term for cholrine bleach with soap and optional lemon scent.

I was here for five years before I found out you can buy plain bleach with
no soap or lemon in it, and most immigants never learn that.

I like the mushroom cloud idea, but I'm not sure everyone would recognize it.
It's become a cultural icon in the west, but I'm not sure about rural China,
India, or Africa.

We also get most of our batteries from Singapore and mainlaind China, often
sold as well known "American" brands. The particularly bad ones were Office
Depot house brand, made in Hong Kong, but some were Duracell or Energizer
brand, made in various western European countries (or at least claimed to be).
:-)

Geoff.

--
Geoffrey S. Mendelson N3OWJ/4X1GM
To help restaurants, as part of the "stimulus package", everyone must order