Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default What end mill for engraving (high speed)

On Sat, 28 Aug 2010 20:37:33 -0500, Ignoramus5734

On 2010-08-29, Larry Jaques wrote:
On Sat, 28 Aug 2010 12:16:54 -0500, Karl Townsend
wrote:

eBay has solid carbide vees for cheap: http://fwd4.me/bHc 5 for $11.

I just bid, don't outbid me.

Silly rabbit. Had you checked, you'd have found that you could do a
BIN for -ten- of 'em from another guy for under $18. Maybe you'll
luck out and be outbid after all.

Guys, what is a good angle for them? 90%? 60%?

Yes! Oh, you meant degrees, not percent, right? It depends on the
depth of cut and thickness of the sheet. Do you want fine writing or
bold? 60 is good for deeper cuts, 90 for shallower. What font are
you going to use, what application, etc., Ig?

The correct answer is "It depends."

--
If we attend continually and promptly to the little that we can do,
we shall ere long be surprised to find how little remains that we