Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default how to remove alkaline battery residue

On Sat, 28 Aug 2010 22:29:04 +0000 (UTC), "Geoffrey S. Mendelson"
wrote:

It was restricted because there was a spate of people mixing chlorine bleach
and ammonia to clean their toilet. This is a country of immigrants, and
no one could figure out how to write the warning in enough languages that
it would be safe.

Teaching them to read Hewbrew would be too expensive? Instead you
get a nation of dirty toilets. I would think that sacrificing a few
immigrants so that the rest could have clean toilets would be a
suitable exchange. I guess international safety symbols won't work
when mixing to non-toxic products. Maybe a toilet with a nuclear
mushroom cloud coming out of the bowl might work.

Well, maybe there's a chemical solution to the problem. Adding any
sulfur compount to the chlorine bleach would be easy. It would be
non-reactive until it hits the ammonia, where it's converted to
ammonium sulfide, which smells like rotten eggs.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stink_bomb

Luckily the glass cleaner here is made with vinegar.

I have to make my own for cleaning LCD's. Vinegar, filtered water,
cheap rubbing alcohol, a little dish washing soap (for the wetting
agent), and a few drops of kerosene. There are plenty of similar do
it thyself formulas on the web.

Great, thanks to you and everyone else for the info and the links.

# 831-336-2558
# http://802.11junk.com
#
http://www.LearnByDestroying.com AE6KS