Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Yet another bulging-capacitors replacement

Jim Yanik wrote:

Odd that BGA processors are using 12V instead of logic level voltages.

Then they would need around 100A at 3.3 volts. The voltage drop
would be a big problem. I'm sure there is a DC to DC converter near the
chip, like used on computer motherboards.

I'm surprised they don't use some sort of liquid or heat-pipe plumbing to
remove all that heat. Wasn't it the CRAYs that used liquid Freon to flood
the processor cabinet to dissipate al the heat built up?

enough left over to pay them.