Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Karl Townsend Karl Townsend is offline

Default RPC question for large loads

I'm starting to work on "the kid's" Xmas present. A mulit stage RPC
with 50 hp. of idlers. I'll most likely use a 10 hp for startup and
then optionally bring in one or two more 20hp. depending on what's
running.

At some point (next spring?) I'll give him the 20hp mazak M4 lathe
that doesn't start well in higher gears. Maybe a beefier RPC will
help.

Anyway, I just came accross this thread:
http://www.cnczone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=110991

Anyone know about controllers for load on an RPC?

Or, anybody worked with bringing in caps during a large motor start?
Other ideas? Starting the mazak dims the lights on the whole place
and drops the rpm of the phase converter.

Karl