Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default What end mill for engraving (high speed)

On Fri, 27 Aug 2010 13:21:49 -0500, Ignoramus31855
wrote:

I am getting closer to having a high speed spindle (Bosch 1617EVS
router). I have to make an adaptor plate, and I am almost done with
coding.

Anyway, as far as using it goes, I want to engrave text, like on
panels and such. What sort of end mill would you recommend. Thanks

Most that I've seen for engraving are vee cutters, some with flats on
the end.

eBay has solid carbide vees for cheap: http://fwd4.me/bHc 5 for $11.

--
If we attend continually and promptly to the little that we can do,
we shall ere long be surprised to find how little remains that we