Posted to alt.home.repair
jim jim is offline

Default Glue for Parquet Repair?

On Aug 27, 7:47*pm, Evan wrote:
On Aug 27, 8:02*pm, red wrote:

Fixing a parquet floor after a small flood. *Can't find anything
labeled "parquet glue" in the stores, staff gives me funny looks when
I mention parquet.

Any suggestions? * I'm thinking construction adhesive (PL2000 sort of
thing) if all else fails.

TIA,
Red

Are you for real ?

If you don't know what kind of glue to use on a wood floor, then you
have
no business doing anything with/to it...

Have you let the floor dry out completely by means of using
professional
strength dehumidifiers ? *Until the wood gets back to its normal
percentage
of moisture content, you will not be able to glue it back together as
the
pieces of the puzzle won't fit in the spaces they need to go into...

Honestly depending on how bad the damage is it is better to replace
your
entire floor than try fussing around with gluing it back together, as
if it
came apart, it is also likely water-stained as well...

~~ Evan

He,s probaly right but if you really want to go to Mapei flooring site
sorry do not have the link handy, hope I was politer about it