Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
F. George McDuffee F. George McDuffee is offline

Default OT - Viet Nam Draft - was part of New Business Opportunity

On Fri, 27 Aug 2010 22:05:06 -0700, "azotic"
wrote:

GeoLane at PTD dot NET wrote in message
.. .

. I don't think being married got you a draft exemption.
Nobody I knew got that exemption, so I suspect that one didn't exist.
Anybody remember?

RWL

No exemption for marrage, i worked with a guy circa 72-73 that
was married with two kids and 24 years old that got drafted.

Best Regards
Tom.

=============
There was indeed a marrage exemption. see
http://abcnews.go.com/Primetime/story?id=132298&page=1
Abolished Aug 26, 1965 by LBJ when the military was becoming
starved for [cheap] manpower for expanding war in Vietnam.

You may also find these sites of interest {warning explicit
content}
http://www.webguild.com/Sentinel/draft_dodgers.htm
http://www.nndb.com/event/806/000140386/

-- Unka George (George McDuffee)
The past is a foreign country;
they do things differently there.
L. P. Hartley (1895-1972), British author.
The Go-Between, Prologue (1953).