Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Iggy, found your lathe

On Fri, 27 Aug 2010 21:39:08 -0800, Jon Anderson
wrote:

On 8/27/2010 6:38 PM, Gunner Asch wrote:

Define "medium cuts"...and how old is it?G

.050 DOC, .003/rev feed, 3/4" dia stock at around 1100 rpm. (hard to
tell as there's a very large dead band in the speed control and the
numbers are all but worn off) That may not be book ideal, but it's what
works best after a lot of fiddling with speeds and feeds.
It'll do it, it just doesn't really like it. Suspect a fair bit of it is
I just don't have the right insert. But the part only comes around maybe
twice a year, 20-25 pcs, so I just don't worry about it too much.

What is the material?

And how many horse power are you running?

Just ran some tiny parts in 303 and held a couple tenths over 260+ pcs,
sure can't complain about that! I didn't mean to sound like I am bagging
on Omniturns.

Jon

I know. G

You just happen to have one of the weak versions. Shrug

Gunner

I am the Sword of my Family
and the Shield of my Nation.
If sent, I will crush everything you have built,
burn everything you love,
and kill every one of you.
(Hebrew quote)