Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default re-purposing golf cart system

On Thu, 26 Aug 2010 20:09:59 -0500, "Lloyd E. Sponenburgh"
lloydspinsidemindspring.com wrote:

fired this volley in
:

You sure it is "inductive" and not Hall Effect?

Absolutely certain. The existing "cart remnants" have a simple coil with
a sliding core moving within to apply throttle. All the "diagonal"
references I can get to the controller indicate "inductive throttle
control".

I don't have a good throttle. It has been smashed (mechanically).

I am thinking about spoofing the system into thinking the coil is there,
and need to better understand the controller before trying.

LLoyd

I get ya - it is one of those tuned inductor gizmos - basically a
toilet paper roll wound with fine wire and a ferite slug that slides
in and out of the core, shanging the inductance. Basically an LC tank
instead of an RC tank oscillator circuit.
Darned expensive for what they are!!.

Part number EZGO 25854-G01 , $105 from E-Drives.com