Posted to alt.home.repair
HeyBub[_3_] HeyBub[_3_] is offline

Default Carpet Tile in bathroom

Higgs Boson wrote:
Yes, I know; you're not supposed to use c.t. in bathroom.

But my old white vinyl tile is so beat up, and I can't afford to redo
the whole floor, that I thought I'd take a desperate leap and install
some carpet tile over it until things pick up. I know I'm not
building for the ages g
just want it to look better.

This bathroom is small and well-ventilated. I would put sink and
toilet rugs over the c.t. to protect high-traffic areas.

I have been on-line and looked at so many c.t.s that my head is
swimming. Home Despot doesn't have a very attractive selection.

If I do this, should I opt for indoor/outdoor, or outdoor, or will
indoor do it.

The right kind should work.

While on a foraging expedition after Hurricane Yikes, my son and I found
about 1000 sq ft of carpet tile behind a store. Evidently it got wet and the
store used this as an excuse to have insurance pay for new carpeting.

This industrial/commercial carpeting sells for over $35/yd. We dried it out
and used it to carpet the snack bar in the office and the library. Looks
swell.