Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Jon Anderson Jon Anderson is offline

Default Iggy, found your lathe

On 8/27/2010 2:42 PM, Ignoramus31855 wrote:

Karl, looks interesting, did you see it? It is not exactly timely for
me for personal reasons, but I caqnnot stop thinking about it. What
are the capacities of this thing?

Personally if you are looking for the most capability, I'd suggest
looking for one of the CNC converted engine lathes. Something with a
tailstock will be more versatile overall. Not sure of the center height
of that machine, but it's either 3/8 or 1/2". That means you can only
turn, in theory, 3/4" or 1" diameter material MAX over the slide, and
there's nothing to support the end of the shaft.

Don't know if mine's a bit loose/worn, but it sure doesn't like even
medium cuts on 304SS. Kicks ass on delrin and small diameter parts though.

Jon