Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
F. George McDuffee F. George McDuffee is offline

Default What end mill for engraving (high speed)

On Fri, 27 Aug 2010 13:21:49 -0500, Ignoramus31855
wrote:

I am getting closer to having a high speed spindle (Bosch 1617EVS
router). I have to make an adaptor plate, and I am almost done with
coding.

Anyway, as far as using it goes, I want to engrave text, like on
panels and such. What sort of end mill would you recommend. Thanks

==========
Lots of suppliers. Two common types split point and
pyramid

see
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RYLtL1R440E
http://www.2linc.com/
http://www.use-enco.com/CGI/INPDFF?P...MITEM=619-1266
http://www.aliexpress.com/store/5014...ving-tool.html
http://www.grainger.com/Grainger/ONS...ing-Tool-4KPJ3
http://www.cnczone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=33263
http://shop.ebay.com/i.html?_nkw=engraving+bit

-- Unka George (George McDuffee)
The past is a foreign country;
they do things differently there.
L. P. Hartley (1895-1972), British author.
The Go-Between, Prologue (1953).