Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
David Billington David Billington is offline

Default What end mill for engraving (high speed)

wrote:
On Aug 27, 12:21 pm, Ignoramus31855 ignoramus31...@NOSPAM.
31855.invalid wrote:

I am getting closer to having a high speed spindle (Bosch 1617EVS
router). I have to make an adaptor plate, and I am almost done with
coding.

Anyway, as far as using it goes, I want to engrave text, like on
panels and such. What sort of end mill would you recommend. Thanks

The ones I've seen have been second-cousin to a D-bit. Look like a
scratch awl tip stoned in half. Guy Lautard had some tips on how to
make one along with engraving pantograph drawings, see The Machinist's
Bedside Reader series.

Stan

Maybe the diagram here would be useful
http://www.arceurotrade.co.uk/Catalo...raving-Cutters