Posted to rec.woodworking
Josepi[_12_] Josepi[_12_] is offline

Default How does one announce he has several hundred board feet of 2X Cherry wood to sell?

There are online hardness charts for tropical woods. Try google.ca

It would seem the softer the hardwood in N.AMerica the harder it is in
Brazil???

Brazilian walnut is one of the hardest woods there is and yet N.Am walnut is
one of the softest.

I have a piece of Tiger Wood out on my deck for the last year to see if it
is as good for decking as reported. The urethane finish has turned dark and
may split some day but the rest of the board is in perfect health. The stuff
is so tight grained, moisture doesn't penetrate and it cuts like a piece of
steel or maybe anodized aluminum. Nice machining though.

"Bob AZ" wrote in message
You seem to be more knowledgeable than me about this. Do you have any
online references that I may look at?

Thanks for the additional information.

Bob AZ

If it was "grown in the tropics" then odds are that it's Jatoba, aka
"Brazilian Cherry". It looks somewhat like cherry and darkens with age,
but it's more than twice as hard as hard maple.

J Clarke