Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
[email protected] stans4@prolynx.com is offline

Default What end mill for engraving (high speed)

On Aug 27, 12:21*pm, Ignoramus31855 ignoramus31...@NOSPAM.
31855.invalid wrote:
I am getting closer to having a high speed spindle (Bosch 1617EVS
router). I have to make an adaptor plate, and I am almost done with
coding.

Anyway, as far as using it goes, I want to engrave text, like on
panels and such. What sort of end mill would you recommend. Thanks

The ones I've seen have been second-cousin to a D-bit. Look like a
scratch awl tip stoned in half. Guy Lautard had some tips on how to
make one along with engraving pantograph drawings, see The Machinist's
Bedside Reader series.

Stan