Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
RBnDFW RBnDFW is offline

Default Round Tower Mill ?

On 8/26/2010 5:08 PM, John R. Carroll wrote:
RBnDFW wrote:
On 8/26/2010 6:25 AM, John R. Carroll wrote:
Bob La Londe wrote:
http://img710.imageshack.us/i/roundtower1.jpg/
http://img716.imageshack.us/i/roundtower2.jpg/

What's it worth?

Not more than four or five hundred at the most.
You can pick up fully equipped machines with tooling for a thousand.

Not here in N Texas. That machine would go fast at $1500, especially
if it's single-phase. That's with minimal or no tooling.

Some are more gullible or impulsive than others.
Something I already knew. The question was what is the thing worth, not what
a fool would pay.
Sheesh, I've seen things on Ebay or at auctions go for more than new price,
Literally.

Without readouts and a set of R-8 collets it isn't worth scrap iron and BTW,
real men laugh at power fed Bridgeport clones.

Maybe. I call it supply and demand.
There isn't much old iron around here.

--
I can see November from my front porch