Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
[email protected] wmbjkREMOVE@citlink.net is offline

Default New business opportunity

On Fri, 27 Aug 2010 01:54:27 -0500, Don Foreman
wrote:

On Wed, 25 Aug 2010 03:06:53 -0400, "Ed Huntress"
wrote:

Oh, get off your high horse. Given your age, if you did something
"substantial," and were in a fight, it must have been in Vietnam. What the
hell threat to our Constitution was presented by the Viet Cong?

That question is properly directed at Washington DC. Service members
don't get to decide where they go or what they do.

So what? The fact remains that you claimed you defended the
constitution. You didn't then, and you aren't doing so now. Quite the
opposite, you're adding to the fear mongering, defending persecution,
and encouraging those who'd enjoy religious war. Oh wait, you'll say
that you're not in favor of religious war *but*...

Some others regarded themselves as
too good to serve and deferments weren't hard to get

You mean, like Bush and Cheney did? Boy you sure showed them at the
ballot box, eh? Whoda' thunk that they'd go on to punk you just like
they did the system.

Are you still buying that crap, after all these years? If you fought in
Vietnam, you were there to kill people who were no threat to you, who you
didn't understand, and who were on their turf, not yours. You were there
because LBJ decided he wasn't going to be "the first American president to
lose a war," which is historically questionable but a clear expression that
our service men and women were there because of his outsized ego, and little
else. You had your head packed full of lies by politicians who didn't have
to worry about their own lives, and only needed a jingoistic justification
to risk yours.

Geez, what memories. You sound like a hippie demonstrator smokin'
dope or dropping acid, shouting slogans, spitting on soldiers and
slinging chicken blood. Been watching your Jane Fonda tapes again?

Wow, not a single rebuttal, just a boatload of outrageous smears.
Typical phony foreman.

I thought we grew out of that and woke up decades ago.

Me too.

WTF? Clearly you were still asleep when going along with GW's
unnecessary war. And now we can see why - because you're more than
ignorant enough to classify 1.5 billion guilty by association.

I do strongly question their motives for wanting to build near ground
zero.

So, question their motives.

I do, and I'm hearing a lot of self-righteous kumbaya bull**** and ad
hominem attack but no responsive replies to my question of why there?

Ever heard of google? Of course you have, but you're not genuinely
interested in facts, only in smears to rationalize an indefensible
position. Why should anyone hold your hand and thereby give your
foolishness an air of credibility?

I'm asking why you've jumped to conclusions.

Lead me to a different conclusion with some basis for it. Lead from in
front rather than fragging from flanks or behind. Offer evidence
rather than rhetoric.

"Fragging from behind"? What an A-hole! It's beyond me why Ed shows
you any respect at all. You're not one bit better than gummer or
buerste.

And what statement do you presume they want to make?

Presume or conclude, make up your mind. I've already stated how that
looks to me: like a desecration of the memories of the many that died
there on 9/11. I really would like to be convinced that this isn't
the case

BS You've ignored every fact, and you aren't capable of changing your
mind on this or any other issue.

but res ipsa loquitor.

Hoo boy. Foreman thinks he's *entitled* to jump to conclusions!

Rauf says he wants to
promote understanding. I don't know if he's sincere, but his life's work
suggests that he is:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Feisal_Abdul_Rauf

From which I quote in sufficient volume so as to preserve context:

"The editors of the magazine wrote "While he cannot quite bring
himself to blame the terrorists for being terrorists, he finds it easy
to blame the United States for being a victim of terrorism."[24] In
2004, he said the U.S. and the West must acknowledge the harm they
have done to Muslims before terrorism can end. Speaking at his New
York mosque, Rauf said:

The Islamic method of waging war is not to kill innocent civilians.
But it was Christians in World War II who bombed civilians in Dresden
and Hiroshima, neither of which were military targets.

He also said that there could be little progress in Western-Islamic
relations until the U.S. acknowledged backing Middle East dictators,
and the U.S. President gave an "American Culpa" speech to the Muslim
world, because there are "an endless supply of angry young Muslim
rebels prepared to die for their cause and there [is] no sign of the
attacks ending unless there [is] a fundamental change in the
world".[6]"
---

Sounds to me like the understanding he wants to promote is that we are
to blame for being victims of terrorism

What a coinkydink that you weren't able to find snorf any of his
quotes that refute your negative opinion of him. Such as this one:
“The truth is that killing innocent people is always wrong — and no
argument or excuse, no matter how deeply believed, can ever make it
right. No religion on earth condones the killing of innocent people,
no faith tradition tolerates the random killing of our brothers and
sisters on this earth. ... Islamic law is clearly against terrorism,
against any kind of deliberate killing of civilians or similar
‘collateral damage'."

Here are a couple of facts.

1. Xenophobes will always find a way to justify their affliction,
frequently by smearing their imagined "enemies" as you've been doing
here since the get go.

2. Rauf, while perhaps technically correct about no religion condoning
the killing of innocents, neglects to mention the backdoor method that
tends to be employed by people like you - declare the innocents guilty
by association alone.

Perhaps you'll join Rauf in seeking such changes in American attitude?
You and Hanoi Jane perhaps?

Can your arguments get any weaker....

Might this be a guilt thing after bragging about how your puritan
ancestors slaughtered native Americans and took their land?

.... of course they can! And they got even worse but I snipped the
rest. I gotta' say, I've known for quite a while that you weren't the
sharpest knife in the drawer, but holy crap, you've really been
outdoing yourself in this thread.

Wayne