Posted to uk.d-i-y
nightjar nightjar is offline

Default Well OT - ISPs Know of any good ones

chris wrote:
Dear All
I am paying £250 a year for an ISP on which I put all my websites
(about 5) and all my mail ( a huge file) for two email addresses with
various alternatives. this firm serves businesses. Lately, its service
has gone to seed and it failed to provide a back up for an email site
that I had accidentally deleted. I use a CMS (Typo 3) to run my
websites
I know very little about this sort of thing and am merely a follower
of a recipe operator rather than an original cook.
My adviser has told me to go onto Google Apps for all my email and
look for a server that can host my various websites.
Question. Has anyone on this august body of experience and
intelligence got any suggestions as to whom to go? Happy to pay for a
service where I can pick up the phone and speak to a person who can
speak English rather than Geek Computerese.

I use Edge Hosting for my hosting, which, until recently, included
several ecommerce sites. It was founded by a friendly and knowledgable
chap who used to do all my IT support work. I have always found them to
be efficient, fairly priced and comprehensible.

http://www.edgehosting.co.uk/

Colin Bignell