Posted to alt.home.repair
HeyBub[_3_] HeyBub[_3_] is offline

Default The crazy things you see a Home Depot

aemeijers wrote:
HeyBub wrote:
(snip)

I tried to buy perfume for a Christmas present. "May I help you,"
inquired the matron at the perfume counter of an upscale store.

"Yes, I want that bottle of perfume - 'Woman' by Jovan"

"No," she said. "You want the one next to it, 'Man' "

"Uh, no, I want 'Woman' "

"Really, sir, 'Man' is the one for you" she insisted.

"You're beginning to sound like my ex-wife. I know what I want"

"Sir," she explained, but her patience was clearly being exhausted.
"They work completely different. You're a male and 'Man' is the
fragrance for you."

I fixed her with a steely stare. "If you must know, I'm having a sex
change operation right after the first of the year and I'm trying to
stock up on all the gear. Gimmie 'Woman'!"

I distinctly hear the word "Eek" as she hurriedly shuffled away to
get a supervisor.

Amusing, but I suspect you are pulling our leg.

No, really. If your first reaction was that the anecdote was fiction, you've
probably never approached a stranger with: "What would you say if I told you
I had a potato?"