Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Clyde Clyde is offline

Default Digimate L-1715 inverter part ID needed

Hi. Just got a Digimate 17 inch monitor with no display. Found a bad
shottky diode on the inverter PCB so I replaced that and the fuse, now I
have a screen, however after a few minutes it starts to flicker badly,
on the inverter the transformer on the side I replaced the diode is
getting hot. After a bit of tracing I have found a small SMD (8 pin,
looks like an IC) which is shorted to all pins. I am unable to read the
tiny writing on top and can find no information on what the part is.
Does anyone have any idea, or possibly a schematic. Judging by the way
it is connected (there is an identical one on the other side of the
inverter, dual lamp) I think it may actually be a special kind of zener
diode.

Anyway some numbers, the monitor is a Digimate L-1715 ( I believe the
inverter is used in a variety of other brands ). The inverter PCB is
part number IV185030HX. The part I need is identified as Q3 (maybe a
transistor?)

Can anyone help?