Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Some updates on "speed and feed" and the mill chattering

Ignoramus29468 wrote:

With that fixed, the mill is no longer chattering.

No need to be embarrassed, it happens.
I have one more weirdness: under heavier cuts, the mill triggers a
limit switch error for a reason that I cannot understand. But if I do
not push it quite as hard, it does not do so. I tend to think that it
is something related to the hardware of limit switches and maybe some
vibrations.

I'd be more likely to believe electrical noise, from either the spindle
VFD or the servo drive. Both use PWM, and produce high-voltage pulses
with sharp rise and fall times. These pulses may get stronger under
greater mechanical load.

Are you sure it is a limit switch error and not a following error?

Jon