Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad

Default Here's How To Handle Junk Mail...

ian field wrote:

"Paul Keinanen" wrote in message
On Thu, 26 Aug 2010 01:41:05 -0700, Robert Baer
wrote:

Stephan Goldstein wrote:
On Tue, 24 Aug 2010 11:16:34 -0700, Jim Thompson
wrote:

Here's How To Handle Junk Mail...

http://www.analog-innovations.com/SE...rnToSender.jpg

...Jim Thompson

Here's what I do....

I carefully open everything, especially credit-card offers.

Anything containing a prepaid return envelope is gold. I take
some of the contents (absent identifying info), sealf it into
the prepaid envelope, and mail it back. The addressee has
to pay something like First-Class plus $0.23. I figure they're
paying for my time

Junk without a reply envelope just gets recycled.
..and the SECOND time you get junk mail from the same place, add plenty
of scrap paper or a sheet of galvanized tin cut to fit the return
envelope..they can wind up paying a few dollars in postage fees.
Just do not add too much weight as they may refuse it.

Does adding some white powder (such as wheat) into the return envelope
still cause a massive fuss in the USA as a few years ago ?

Its a bit of a chore remembering not to handle any junk mail without gloves
and having something to spread tap water on the flaps of any envelopes that
need licking.

Just tell a kid not to stuff anything in the envelope, seal it, or
put it in the mailbox.