Posted to alt.home.repair
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default Anyone watch Holmes on Homes??

On Aug 26, 10:38*am, Ken wrote:
* * * * The prior message made want to ask the question. *I get the program on
HGTV, but it might be on other channels as well. *I think it is a great
program with not only shocking examples of work being done, but some
interesting techniques and material for accomplishing tasks. *Check it out.

SWMBO loves it, so I DVR it and we watch it together sometimes.

My pet peeve - which is the same with many other DIY shows - is how
they repeat much of what you've already seen when they come back from
a commercial.

Do they think we're idiots and can't remember why they're fixing the
house? H on H isn't as bad as some of the other shows, but the re-
caps are still unnecessary.

Who pays for the high-end upgrades? They take a couple who just got
ripped off for $50K on a bathroom remodel and build them a custom bath
that is far above what they were going for in the first place. Do the
sponsors cover the full cost?

"Take it down...take it all down."