Posted to rec.woodworking
J. Clarke J. Clarke is offline

Default How does one announce he has several hundred board feet of 2XCherry wood to sell?

On 8/26/2010 1:54 PM, Bob AZ wrote:
Good luck with selling
your wood. I had no idea AZ had any cherry trees. Several years ago
I bought a planer and jointer so I could buy cheep lumber at a local
sawmill and stop paying big box store prices.

Bill W

No cherry trees in AZ that I know of.

I did some surfing and found that cherry wood in the size I have, 8'
plus, are grown in the "tropics". Up to 30' tall.
Several different species etc. Trying to find more information.

If it was "grown in the tropics" then odds are that it's Jatoba, aka
"Brazilian Cherry". It looks somewhat like cherry and darkens with age,
but it's more than twice as hard as hard maple.