Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
[email protected] aribert@c3net.net is offline

Default APT Multi-tool usefull for???

A few years ago I inadvertanly bought an APT multi-tool see link:
http://www.nolansupply.com/bysubcate...lse&specs=True

I did a lot of proxy bids at auction previews since I could not skip
out on m day job to hang out at an auction for 3/4 of a day. I
transposed a couple of numbers and became the proud older of a set as
shown in the link. In another link the description mentioned:
"The Multi-Tool system from APT is the only inexpensive method of
large diameter hole production (up to 3 inches) on light duty, low
horsepower equipment.
Some examples are Bridgeport milling machines, lathes, 1-horsepower
drill presses and portable magnetic drills. You can also spot face,
counterbore or, with simple blade modification, produce special hole
configurations with multi-diameters."

I am trying to figure out if I should keep it or cut my losses on
eBay. As a hobby metal hack, low horsepower is right up my alley. My
lathe tailstock is #3 MT but I typically use a boring bar for holes
over 1 inch in dia.

Your thoughts? TIA