Posted to rec.woodworking
billw billw is offline

Default How does one announce he has several hundred board feet of 2X Cherry wood to sell?

This is USENET... No rules, no one in charge, etc... You'll get
flamed if anyone objects, but if you have somehting of interest to the
group and the price is right, you'll sell it! Good luck with selling
your wood. I had no idea AZ had any cherry trees. Several years ago
I bought a planer and jointer so I could buy cheep lumber at a local
sawmill and stop paying big box store prices. Then I wanted even
better looking wood, so I bought a small band saw mill. (Timberking
1220) Now I've got about 1000 bft of cherry, 1500 bft of maple and
about 400 bft of walnut. It's almost time to get a few more walnut
logs. The loggers sell ugly logs cheep because the commercial mills
want straight, knot free wood to cut grade lumber from. The uglyest
logs make the most beautiful lumber! I'm going to take my mill to a
big logging job soon, the logger offered me all the walnut crotches
and stumps I could cut if I'd come pick out what I wanted. They leave
the best parts in the woods to rot! I only need a couple of feet left
on the stump to cut them for gunstock blanks, they always buck the
logs into 16 ft lengths and a couple of feet of log is always cut off
anyway. Free wood so far has cost me the price of a planer, jointer
big shop bandsaw and a sawmill... LOL

On Fri, 20 Aug 2010 21:28:09 -0700 (PDT), Bob AZ
wrote:

All

I have about 300 board feet of 8/4 Cherry Wood to sell. What is the
proper way to list this for sale here and not violate all the rules?

Bob AZ