Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Hollow Core Door Damage

"DerbyDad03" wrote
Don't you mean "and if I ever get rich enough to build and upgrade
beyond the basic doors without sacrificing any other upgrades"?

I've got lots of friends that built. Once they saw what they got for
the base price, from carpeting to lighting to other "necessities",
that's where they put their upgrade money.

They would have loved to have upgraded the doors throughout, but a
door is a door, while there were so many other things that *really*
needed upgrading both for function and for show.

At some point, most people have to make choices or they'll price
themselves right out of the build.

I know a fellow that wanted to downsize from his 5 bedroom house. Kids are
gone, no need for all the space. He figured he'd sell for about $700,000
and put a few bucks in his pocket too. By the time he was done, the
estimated cost of the smaller house was $1.1 million. He put the plan on
hold because he just did not want to cut any of the goodies.