Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Doug Miller Doug Miller is offline

Default OT - eBay dreamer

In article , Spehro Pefhany wrote:
On Wed, 25 Aug 2010 14:07:18 -0500, Jon Elson
wrote:

Doug Miller wrote:

This clown has the decimal point in the wrong place.

Huh! We have one even older than that, with the clock dial and a
high/low selector, no keypad. Every once in a while my kids tease the
door switch and it blows a fuse, and the fan motor needs a drop of oil.

But, maybe I should sell it on eBay for MORE than $1000 as a museum
piece, and get a new one!

Jon

We have one that looks just like the eBay one, and it's VERY difficult
to find a replacement that's as big height and width, but not much
deeper so they don't fit the custom niche in the kitchen (it and the
microwave came with the house). 8-(

I do like the old retro red LED display, but it doesn't cook quite as
evenly as the newer ones (there's a microwave stirrer but no rotating
platter). They also cut corners on the microcontroller reset
circuitry, but that's another story.

If you've never cooked a turkey in a microwave, you're really missing out on a
treat. Not only does it cook in 1/4 the time, a turkey cooked in a microwave
is much moister and juicier than one cooked any other way. And therein
lies one advantage to those old Amanas: they're f*cking *huge*: for Christmas
dinner a few years ago, I cooked a _twenty_eight_pound_ turkey in mine.