Posted to alt.security.alarms,alt.home.repair
[email protected] dchou4u@hotmail.com is offline

Default First Alert FA-210 panel keeps beeping

On Aug 25, 2:50*pm, " wrote:
On Aug 25, 1:35*pm, ransley wrote:

On Aug 25, 2:39*pm, Dennis wrote:

Hi, I have a 10 year old First Alert FA-210 panel which shows LO BAT
off and on, but there is no zone number info. Sometimes the panel will
keep beeping until I press any key on the keypad to turn the beeping
off. According to the manual, it says it is due to low system power
condition. But I checked the AC power and it seems to be feeding the
correct voltage to the control box. Any clue?

Thanks
Dennis

Good systems have backup batteries so a thief cant just disable the
power, or come by during a power outage, mine has a 12v lead acid
battery I can get at Ace, open the panel and see, and google for an
instruction manual.

So does the board in the box run off the battery even when A/C power
is functional? I always thought the board is running off the A/C power
and the battery is used only when A/C power is disabled.

Thanks again for all your help

By the way, I used a voltmeter to measure the voltage on the battery
and it seems OK. I measure the battery voltage with A/C power adapter
connected to the wall outlet.
Just wondering how the battery may be bad if the voltmeter indicates
an acceptable battery voltage at its leads.