Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default OT - eBay dreamer

Joseph Gwinn wrote:
In article ,
(Doug Miller) wrote:

This clown has the decimal point in the wrong place.

I wonder if this was one of the old 915 MHz microwave ovens. The advantage was
very uniform cooking. The disadvantge was that it could not cook bacon. Modern
microwave ovens run at 2450 MHz.

Joe Gwinn

Very unlikely. we have one quite a bit older, and it is clearly a 2450
MHz oven. I doubt any 915 MHz ovens were ever sold for home use, as
they would have needed a license. The move to 2450 MHz was specifically
to satisfy FCC licensing requirements by putting it in a band where
nobody would mind. 915 MHz would get the cell phone companies all
upset. Any 915 MHz oven would have had to come from the early 1970's,
or be a special industrial unit requiring a license.

Jon