Posted to alt.home.repair
HeyBub[_3_] HeyBub[_3_] is offline

Default What Color Baseboards Should I Have?

Kate wrote:
I am in the process of installing new cabinets in my bathrooms.
At first, I was going to put in opal oak (also called bleached oak)
as that is what I have now.

I had a cabinet maker here today, and he said I should upgrade (opal
oak is out of style now)by installing oak cabinets, as the cost would
be the same. He also said he is installing different woods in
different rooms of high end homes. I have always thought it looked
best to have the same wood cabinets throughout the home.

If I go with oak cabinets, will my white baseboards look fine, or do I
need to change those to oak as well?

Thanks for all feedback.

You can't go wrong with white.

I just ceramic-tiled a bath and had a mess of tiles left over.

What the hell.

I used an angle grinder and masonary wheel to cut the left-over tiles into
six-inch strips, glued them to the wall, and grouted the gaps. Looks
absolutely marvelous.