Posted to alt.home.repair
Oren[_2_] Oren[_2_] is offline

Default Stucco Refinishing

On Tue, 24 Aug 2010 03:04:56 -0600, Uno wrote:

Oren wrote:
On Sun, 22 Aug 2010 23:01:17 -0400, "ROANIN"
wrote:

I am turning a porch that was originally part of the outside wall of the
house, into an interior room. I want to make the two walls that are now
stucco, look smoother. Does not have to be drywall smooth, maybe kind of a
venetian plaster look. Any ideas how I would do this?

Thanks,

Several skim coats of stucco mix, applied over a few days would make
the two walls smooth.

I can't speak, if the walls are painted or how the skim coats would
stick on painted stucco.

Are the exterior walls a heavy knock down texture?

Oren,

Is there such a thing as a layers of stucco that are too thin? I plan
on skimming with about a quarter inch on the exterior.

I can't answer as to what is "too thin". But I'm sure .25 inch of skim
coat is fine. Where are you?