Posted to alt.home.repair
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default Painting-Cutting in a ceiling

On Aug 24, 12:57*pm, "
wrote:
Jim Elbrecht wrote:
" wrote:

Jim Elbrecht wrote:

And he doesn't mean a 'purdy good' brush. *g * *I have a 2" angled
sash brush that I've been cutting windows, trim, ceilings, etc in for
25+ years. * * *I nearly killed a guy once who thought he was showing
me how to 'clean it better' and bent a few bristles.
How do you clean it if you don't bend bristles?

Hehe-- ok, I bend them-- I don't break them. * * * *

Jim

I bend mine a lot to get all the paint out of the ferrule that I can.
Always wash, rinse with hot water to shape bristles and dry while brush
in hanging up.

"...and dry while brush is hanging up..."

....and in the original cardboard wrapper.

That really keeps the brush in pristine "shape".

I have a set of Purdy (and similar quality) brushes that no one but me
gets to use and I have a set of cheaper brushes for the wife and
offspring.

If they don't know how to clean a brush after using it, then they'll
just have to live with the crappy paint job they'll get from the
cheaper brushes.