Posted to alt.home.repair
RtW RtW is offline

Default blowing out a water line

I had an air compressor near the area in my basement where I had my plumbing
inlet, filters, softener and pressure regulator. The line for my garden
sprinkler system and outside hose connections began right before the
pressure regulator, so blowing out the lines for winter was a snap.

Install a tee fitting in the line to the outside plumbing with ball valves
on the supply and air side of the Tee. That way, you can isolate the
house/supply from the compressed air, as well as the connection to the air
compressor. On the side ball valve where you would connect the air, install
a male air fitting that matches the female on your air hose.

To use, connect the air hose to the male fitting, close the supply ball
valve and open the ball valve connected to the compressed air. Cycle any
zone valves several times and open the sill cocks until you get mostly air.
This might take several attempts to clear the lines of most moisture.

"cj" wrote in message
i just installed a 1/2 inch pvc water line for a new hose outlet and would
like to blow the water out for the winter months...what kind of connection
should i use to hook up my air compressor to the pvc to blow the water out
thanks, cj