Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected][_2_] norminn@earthlink.net[_2_] is offline

Default Painting-Cutting in a ceiling

Jim Elbrecht wrote:
On Tue, 24 Aug 2010 10:19:28 -0500, Steve Barker
wrote:

On 8/24/2010 7:50 AM, desgnr wrote:
Has anyone used a pad type paint edger to cut in a ceiling ?
Does it work or just put paint on the ceiling while edging the walls ?

I've never had any luck with those gimmick edgers. A good purdy brush
and practice is really the only way to go.

And he doesn't mean a 'purdy good' brush. g I have a 2" angled
sash brush that I've been cutting windows, trim, ceilings, etc in for
25+ years. I nearly killed a guy once who thought he was showing
me how to 'clean it better' and bent a few bristles.

How do you clean it if you don't bend bristles?

I think I paid $25 for mine-- I see the borgs carry them for 1/2 that
today.

My eyes are bad & my hand isn't as steady as it was when I bought that
brush-- but I can cut a pretty good edge-- and if I waver, I wait til
it is dry and try again on the other side.

Jim