Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y

Default Soldering directly to button battery

On Aug 24, 8:58*am, George wrote:
On 8/24/2010 5:53 AM, john hamilton wrote: I'm replacing a small button battery (CR 2032) with two AAA batteries, I'm
intending to leave the old discharged button battery in its place and solder
the leads from the AAA batteries directly on to the button battery.

Is the heat that I would need to apply to the button battery with the
soldering iron to solder to it, likely to make the battery prone to
'leakage' in the future? Or perhaps cause it to go bang at the time of
soldering? * Thanks for advice.

Out of curiosity why not just replace the CR2032?

I did this with a small clock mechanism. The button batteries were
going out too fast. I just soldered to the original tabs though.