Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Wiring for LCD TV

"Han" wrote
When i install an outlet behind the tv What is the correct
position, Verticle or horizontal ?
Ground pins pointing up.
Good Gawd.

Not funny, that's offically required in New York City. Inspector
told me, it was so that if a knife falls on the not quite totally
inserted plug, the current will be shorted to ground, and not start a
fire.

YMMV

Yes, my mileage does vary. If a knife falls and shorts out the hot to
either ground or neutral, the chances of it starting a fire are
probably the same. Not to mention that 99.9999% of the time it will
trip the breaker, not start a fire.

Hey, I swear that's what the inspector said. And I had to turn around
all those outlets I had put into my basement before he approved it. No
real biggie, but that's why I remember after 20 years.

--
Best regards
Han

Our local inspector want them ground up also. His story is a paper clip off
a desk an lodge in a slot by a poorly inseted plug.