Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Hawke[_3_] Hawke[_3_] is offline

Default China in Africa...not good...

On 8/22/2010 7:46 PM, Buerste wrote:
wrote in message

As usual you're full of ****. American business loves China. They send our
jobs there and fire American workers so they can make more for themselves.

That is just stupid, simplistic and wrong! Jobs aren't "sent" to China,
jobs are lost to Chinese companies that produce and deliver goods cheaper
that American companies. The Chinese government subsidizes business in
China, America punishes businesses.

China doesn't sound so bad in comparison.

You know NOTHING about China! For God's sake, READ SOMETHING!!!...other
than leftist blogs.

I don't read any leftist blogs, you twit! I read books and watch
business shows on TV and listen to what the experts say. You are the one
who is ignorant. Take the furniture business. Know anything about it? We
used to have quite a few furniture manufacturers in the U.S. Not any
more. Ethan Allen is about all that is left. The managers closed down
the factories in North Carolina and Georgia and set up shop in Vietnam
and in China. They make the same furniture there but pay nothing for
labor and have no worries about ruining the environment. That is what I
mean by a job being "sent" to China. By that I mean ongoing businesses
located in the U.S. close down factories and set up new ones in Asia
where the wages are 80 cents an hour...or less. If you don't think those
American businessmen love China then you're nuts! And you don't know
anything about businessmen.

China does subsidize business. So do we. We give the oil industry 45
billion dollars a year in subsidies. Funny, considering it's one of the
most profitable industries in the world. So the fact is we subsidize
business too. We do even more of it in the defense industry. And by the
way, America is in the top 5 countries in the world when it comes to
being business friendly. So where you get the idea America punishes
business is clearly a mystery. Because you just don't have the facts
straight. You want to have a contest of your facts against mine? Any
day. Bring it on.

Hawke