Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ned Simmons Ned Simmons is offline

Default Millrite MVI spindle bearing repair - first report

On Wed, 18 Aug 2010 10:52:45 -0700, Gunner Asch
wrote:

On Wed, 18 Aug 2010 13:24:57 -0400, "J. Clarke"
wrote:

Looks like about $125 for the cone and $68 for the cup. Those are my
approx prices from Motion Industries.

Guys..when pricing bearings....a hint and an offer Ive made before...

Contact Alpine Bearing and Thompson Industrial Bearing

Tell them you are with Rapid Turn..and ask for pricing. If they ask
about John..tell them he is doing fine.

If you prefer, when calling Thompson...tell them you are with Coyote
Engineering, (my company) and get a price.

Period.

You will get FAR better pricing quotes than a cold call to Motion
Industries.

We do this with GREAT regularlity for our customers and its quite
common.

As long as they have a name with regular bearing sales..they give 3rd
column pricing..and the differences in pricing is often staggering.

http://www.alpinebearing.com/

http://www.tismc.com/

I've had an OEM account with MI for about 25 years, since the ME
branches were a family owned business. I'll bet the prices I gave are
pretty close to the best you can do in small quantities, but a thrifty
man will shop around.

For curiosity's sake, I sent an RFQ on the bearings to Thompson
Industrial last Wed. They didn't reply.

--
Ned Simmons