Posted to alt.home.repair

Default AC compressor

As others have suggested. You can check to see if the outdoor unit has
220 VAC. You can also check to see if the contactor is getting the 24
VAC signal, and if the contactor is making connection.

The fan and compressor have different capacitors. Possible but not
likely that they are both bad at the same time.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"ransley" wrote in message
My 1986 Lennox AC compressor unit just stopped running, the fan isnt
running and no noise comes from the unit, I reset the breakers and the
thermostat is the old round analog Honywell, its calling for cooling.
Ive never worked on this but is there anything I can test with a V
meter before I call a pro. 3 weeks ago I lost all freon from a big
leak and had it fixed, all has been fine until today. I would think at
least the fan would run.