Posted to alt.home.repair
ransley ransley is offline

Default AC compressor

On Aug 22, 9:33*pm, Bryan Scholtes wrote:
On Aug 22, 9:06*pm, ransley wrote:

My 1986 Lennox AC compressor unit just stopped running, the fan isnt
running and no noise comes from the unit, I reset the breakers and the
thermostat is the old round analog Honywell, its calling for cooling.
Ive never worked on this but is there anything I can test with a V
meter before I call a pro. 3 weeks ago I lost all freon from a big
leak and had it fixed, all has been fine until today. I would think at
least the fan would run.

When this happened to my 1991 Lennox, it was the timing board. That
particular board delayed turning the thing on for 5 minutes once it
was told to by the thermostat. This was to make sure the old mercury
therms had time to settle and prevented on-off-on-off. The tech said
it was pretty obvious that the board burned out. One possibility?

That sounds logical