Posted to alt.home.repair
Tony[_19_] Tony[_19_] is offline

Default Wiring for LCD TV

Han wrote:
Tony wrote in :

Jeff The Drunk wrote:
On Sat, 21 Aug 2010 19:59:50 -0400, desgnr wrote:

When i install an outlet behind the tv What is the correct position,
Verticle or horizontal ?
Ground pins pointing up.

Good Gawd.

Not funny, that's offically required in New York City. Inspector told me,
it was so that if a knife falls on the not quite totally inserted plug, the
current will be shorted to ground, and not start a fire.

YMMV

Yes, my mileage does vary. If a knife falls and shorts out the hot to
either ground or neutral, the chances of it starting a fire are probably
the same. Not to mention that 99.9999% of the time it will trip the
breaker, not start a fire.