Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

Default Funky math problem

On Sun, 22 Aug 2010 17:13:21 -0400, LSMFT wrote:

From 1980 until 2008 the declared reserves of Opec producers has
doubled. At the same time oil exploration has declined and new
discoveries are just about zero. Work that math.

Maybe they were lucky with one or two very big finds. Plus I agree
iwth Shaun, discoveries aren't just about zero.

Maybe they used different techniques to reevaluate how much they
already had.

(Originally they would send skin divers down with long tape measures,
but when they went to smaller diameter pipe, they couldn't do that
anymore. I don't know how they do it now.