Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Fountain pump clogs

On 8/22/2010 3:47 PM, Han wrote:
wrote in news:8686c63c-b6a0-4ded-9601-7f4399e64fb6
@y12g2000prb.googlegroups.com:

I have a decorative outdoor water fountain (actually 2 of them).
Unfortunately every year the leaves fall into the fountain and
eventually the pump gets clogged. I try to clean out the leaves as
much as possible but the leaves wear down the pump and the pump
stops. It will work sporatically, then stop all together. Then I
have to buy another pump. This has been repeated several times. Any
suggestions on how to keep the leaves out of the pump?

Nylon pantyhose or soemthing like that catches the leaves here in North
Jersey ...

You mean you throw Snooki in the fountain to clean it out?
You must have a real Situation?

TDD