Posted to rec.woodworking
DanG DanG is offline

Default Pool Cue

My suggestion was not meant to shorten the cue, only to see about
finding an appropriate diameter tube or pipe that equals the
existing OD and turn down the diameter of the tip enough to
install it.

I agree that time spent is only worth it if this is something
special.

--
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
DanG

"Bill" wrote in message
DanG wrote:
If the is cue is something special, you might try turning down
the
tip and using a metal ferrule (copper pipe? or other) where
this
one is splitting. Install with epoxy to take up any gaps.

Gasp!!!

IMO, If it's really good 2-piece cue, I suggest you buy a new
shaft for it. If you paid less than $50 for it, then I think
it's time for an upgrade. No good cue's were designed to be made
shorter anyway (the same goes for fishing rods that get crushed
in the car door).

Like Lew said about computers being a tool--replace it with one
that works and enjoy your game.

Bill